1. The man who came in the masjid while the prophet was giving the Khutbah and was asked did you pray. He said, “No “The Prophet then said, “stand up and pray. was Sulayk ibn Amr
“Jabir (may Allah be pleased with him) said that once a man, came to Friday Prayer while the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) was delivering Khutbah, so Allah’s messenger (peace and blessings be upon him)) asked him, “Did you pray?” “No”, heanswered. Then Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said to him, “Stand up and pray .” (Bukhari 931, Muslim 597)
2. The man who the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Pray your prayer again, verily you didn’t pray.” was Khlaad.
“Once the Prophet entered the mosque, a man came in, offered the prayer and greeted the Prophet. The Prophet returned his greeting and said to him, “Go back and pray again for you have not prayed.” The man offered the prayer again, came back and greeted the Prophet. He said to him thrice, “Go back and pray again for you have not prayed.” The man said, “By Him Who has sent you with the truth! I do not know a better way of praying. Kindly teach Me how to pray …[ Bukhari :Athan 793 andMuslim:prayer 45/46]
3. The man who accepted Islam and had more than four wives and was ordered to choose four from among them wasUrwa ibn Mas’ud [ Al-Bayhaqi in his Sunnan in the chapter of Nikah]
4. The man who was eating with his left hand and the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon ) ordered him to eat with his right hand and he said,” I can’t “. was Busur ibn Ra’i
“Salama b. Akwa’ reported on the authority of his father that a person ate in the presence of Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) with his left hand, whereupon he said: Eat with your right hand. He said: I cannot do that, whereupon he (the Prophet) said: May you not be able to do that. It was vanity that prevented him from doing it, and he could not raise it (the right hand) up to his mouth.” [Saheeh Muslim drinks 3/ 1599]
5. The man who vowed to remain silent and stay in the sunlight was Abu Israel al-Ansari.
6. The man who was known for zina and was ordered to be stoned to death was Ma’iz ibn Malik.
7. The man who asked the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) about the best Muslim was Abu Musa Al-Ash’ari (may Allah be pleased with him)
“The prophet was asked whose Islam is the best …who’s a very good Muslim? He replied who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands.”[ Bukhari 11]
8. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him asked his companions (may Allah be pleased with them all) if any of them had visited a sick person today. Abu Bakr said, “I did.” The person he visited was Abdur Rahman ibn ‘Awf.
“Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, asked, “Which of you is fasting today?” Abu Bakr said, “I am.” He asked, “Which of you has visited a sick person today?”I have,” Abu Bakr stated. …[Adad Al-Mufrad 515]
9. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) heard a companion make dua with Allah’s best names. He (peace and blessings be upon) said, verily you have asked by the greatest names that when used dua is answered. That companion was Abu ‘Eyaash Az-Zarqee Al-Ansari.
سَمِعَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ رَجُلا ، يَقُولُ : اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ بِأَنِّي أَشْهَدُ أَنَّكَ أَنْتَ اللَّهُ لا إِلَهَ إِلا أَنْتَ ، الأَحَدُ الصَّمَدُ الَّذِي لَمْ تَلِدْ ، وَلَمْ تُولَدْ ، ولَمْ يَكُنْ لَكَ كُفُوًا أَحَدٌ ، فَقَالَ : ” لَقَدْ سَأَلْتَ بِاسْمِ اللَّهِ الأَعْظَمِ الَّذِي إِذَا سُئِلَ بِهِ أَعْطَى ، وَإِذَا دُعِيَ بِهِ أَجَابَ
“ Allah’s messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) heard a man supplicate saying, “ Oh Allah verily I ask you because I bear witness that You are Allah, Who there is absolutely no deity worthy or worship but You Alone. The One, He begetteth not, nor is He begotten and there is none like Him. When he finished the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said,” Verily you asked Allah by His greatest names that when they are used for supplication, its answered. [ At-Tirmithi 3475 and others]
10. The man who the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, He is a bad son of his tribe was Uyyanah ibn Hasn
A’isha reported that a person sought permission from Allah’s messenger (may peace be upon him) to see him. He said: Grant him permission. (and also added:) He is a bad son of his tribe or he is a bad person of his tribe. When he came in he used kind words for him. ‘A’isha reported that she said: Allah’s Messenger, you said about him what you had to say and then you treated him with kindness. He said: A’isha, verily in the eye of Allah, worst amongst the person in rank on the Day of Resurrection is one whom the people abandon or desert out of the fear of indecency. [ Muslim 2003]
Taken from Ilifsah ‘an Al-Mu;jam min eedahil Ghamid was Mubhim by Ibn Qastalanee 686 H
Translated by Abu Aaliyah Abdullah ibn Dwight Battle
Doha, Qatar 1430 ©