Socially Relevant Verdicts for Muslims in the West (Part 2)
By Al-‘Alaamah Al-Faqqeeh As-Shaykh
Zayd Ibn Muhammad ibn Hadee Al-Madkhalee(May Allah have mercy on him)
1. What is your guidance for a Salafy brother who wants to marry non-salafy sister that is from the common people?
Answer: If he finds a salafy sister he should propose to her; as she could be better and more beneficial for him. Her sound belief and methodology and adherence to her religion are the things that make her better. Now on the other hand, if he can’t find anyone except a lady from the common Muslims, who establishes the pillars of faith, Islam and Ihsan along with Tawheed then he should also propose and marry her. This brother should try to increase that sister’s knowledge if he has the ability or he should give her a particular time period to study issues in Sharee’ah, so she can be a wife and teacher who understands the religion; a person who nurtures and maintains the household truthfully. Then good is obtained from her and evil is discarded
2. Is it Halal for me to beat a child under the age of ten lightly to discipline him?
Answer: The child at the age of discernment who can benefit from a spanking if his mother of father hits him lightly. A beating where no bones are broken, blood spilt, or flesh torn, and this is only a light whop when it’s needed.(is permissible) Otherwise the origin is to give guidance to do and avoid certain acts, to steer them in the right direction, and show mutual love. If a child at the age of discernment or a teenager travels the correct path when young, his future will be bright with everything connected to Allah’s rights and the rights of creation upon him and righteousness towards his parents. Allah knows best.
3. A questioner from France says,” As-salaamu alaykum. Is it correct that the actions of a Muslim residing in the Lands of Kuffar is deficient in comparison to the actions of a Muslim living in an Islamic Country?
Answer: The reality for the person residing in land of disbelief that has an excuse why he can’t make Hijra receives complete rewards for his deeds-Inshallah. He must preserve the Sharre’ah of his religion. And if he safeguards his religions rights while in that land and falls into some shortcomings due to the laws of the disbelievers he will be rewarded. Whoever has a valid excuse to reside in the lands of Kufur than his reward is great and not deficient. And whoever has the ability to move to lands of Islam in order to live and die with the Muslims in their land ,then this an obligation for them to due so. Unless the person has some necessary reason for remaining in the lands of Kufur then he must make sincere intention that when has the ability to make hijrah then he will perform it right away. Allah mentions about those whom he has excused in his saying “Except the weak ones among men, women and children who cannot devise a plan, nor are they able to direct their way. For these there is hope that Allah will forgive them, and Allah is Ever Oft Pardoning, Oft-Forgiving.[ An-Nisa’ 98-99]
4. Whenever I see a disbeliever with something nice like a beautiful car is it permissible for me to say, “ Mashallah!” to him?
Answer: Don’t say that to him. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him)said,” When you meet them walk in a manner that causes them to walk in a narrower path”.
5. Is it permissible to travel to lands of shirk and Kuffur to visit family and close relatives?
Answer: Yes for that reason it’s permissible. Then afterwards return to the Islamic country.
6. How should a woman pray while traveling? Is it permissible for her to sit down, in order to be concealed and avoid men looking at her?
Answer: No she must not pray sitting and she has the ability to stand. She should try to conceal herself with the clothes that she has on. A Muslim woman must not travel or be in her country except she possesses the proper Islamic attire. This Islamic attire conceals her complete body. She must pray covered if though the people will see her veiled, and there is no harm for her in this action. And if the people see her while she is covered from head to toe and she is praying, working and people see her then there is no harm for her in this act. Shaykh : while she is praying should her face be covered? Answer: Yes, her face and hands must be covered. Her complete body is Aurah. Questioner: even during prostration her face must be covered? Answer: If it’s possible for her to make Sajdah and prostrate correctly without covering her face then good. Otherwise she prays and she covers her face.
7. We are a group of brothers that are renting a building. We have made this building a masjid where we pray the five daily prayers and Jumu’ah. This building has all the characteristics of a masjid inside. What is the verdict for Taheeyahtul Masjid in this building and does it meet the requirement for a masjid?
Answer: Yes. As long as Jumu’ah and the congregation prayers are prayed there it meets the requirement and has the ruling of a Masjid.
8. A woman wants a Khula’ through the Imam or Islamic center in Holland. After this is done is it permissible for her to seek an official divorce in her country-Morroco. She claims she needs this formal divorce in order to receive her rights.
Answer: If she sought Khula’ and repaid the dower, or some of it, or whatever other monetary agreement the man and woman reached. And the Muslims are aware about this agreement between them, and the Khula’ took place. Then she has no need to seek an official divorce and Allah knows best.
Translated by Abu Aaliyah Abdullah ibn Dwight Lamont Battle
Doha, Qatar © 15/5/1429
Any questions or comments email- firstname.lastname@example.org
 Zayd ibn Muhammad ibn Hadee Al-Madkhalee was born in 1357H. He studied in the Salafy School in Jizan ‘s Learning Institute. The Salafy school was established by Imam, Al-Mujedid Abdullah Al-Qar’awwee(may Allah have mercy on him).Shaykh Zayd started his studies in the Learning Institute in 1375H. His prominent teachers there were Abdullah Al-Qar’awwee and Hafith Ibn Ahmed Al-Hakamee(may Allah rest them both in Jannah). After high school Shaykh Zayd enrolled and graduated from the college of Sharee’ah in Riyad. Subsequently he was appointed as a teacher for Arabic and Sharee’ah in the Learning Institute in Saamita. He remained a teacher there until he reached the age of retirement in 1417. He currently resides in Jizan where he teaches the Sunnah. We ask Allah to preserve him.