The Superiority of Remembering Allah after Fajr until Sunrise
عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ -صلى الله عليه وسلم- « مَنْ صَلَّى الْغَدَاةَ فِى جَمَاعَةٍ ثُمَّ قَعَدَ يَذْكُرُ اللَّهَ حَتَّى تَطْلُعَ الشَّمْسُ ثُمَّ صَلَّى رَكْعَتَيْنِ كَانَتْ لَهُ كَأَجْرِ حَجَّةٍ وَعُمْرَةٍ
Anas ibn Malik (radi Allahu Anhu) said, The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) said, ” Whoever prays Fajr in congregation ,after that sits and remembers Allah until the sunrises, following this he prays two rakah earns the reward of a Hajj and an Umrah.”
Benefits for this subject:
- Imam At-Tirmithi titled a section in his Jami called, “The Recommendation to sit in the Masjid after Fajr until sunrise.”
- Out of the six books of Hadeeth only Imam At-Tirmithi narrated this hadeeth.
- The two Rakah here are referred to as Salatul Duha or Ishraq.
** An Issue specific for women **
Is the woman included for this reward if she prays in her house?
- Shaykh Abdul Aziz bin Baz(may Allah have mercy on him) said,” If a woman prays in her Musalla, then after Fajr remembers Allah by Thikr or reading the Quran until sunup, following this offers two Rakah, she gets the reward mentioned in the hadeeth.
- Shaykh Muqbil (may Allah rest him in Jannah) said, “Yes she is. If a woman prays fajr in her house and sits and remembers Allah until sunrise.”
Translated and compiled by Abu Aaliyah Abdullah ibn Dwight Lamont Battle
Doha, Qatar 1433 ©
 Collected by At-Tirmithi (579) Imam At-Tirmithi and Al-Albani (May Allah mercy on them both) graded this hadeeth as Hasan.
 (Majmu Fatawa vol 11)
 [Verdicts for the Muslim Woman page 121. 1st edition printed by Maktabah San’a Al-Athareeyah 2007]