Revive a Sunnah in Wudu- Go between your Fingers and Toes
عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ أَنَّ رَسُولَ الله -صلى الله عليه وسلم- قَالَ : إِذَا تَوَضَّأْتَ فَخَلِّلْ بَيْنَ أَصَابِعِ يَدَيْكَ وَرِجْلَيْكَ
Ibn Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said: When performing Wudu go between the fingers of your hands and the toes on your feet.
Benefits for the subject:
- Imam At-Tirmithi (may Allah have mercy on him) said: “The people of knowledge act according to this hadeeth; one goes between the toes in Wudu.”
- Shaykh Zayd ibn Muhammad Al-Madkhali (may Allah preserve him) said, “It’s recommended to go between the fingers, toes and beard while making Wudu. This position is based on the numerous texts reported in Islam. Moreover this is the position of Ahmed, Malik , Ash-Sha’fi and others.
- Ibn Sayyidin Nas (734 H may Allah have mercy on him) said, “Our scholars have said that it’s sunnah to wash between the toes while performing Wudu. This act can be done even if water can reach them. If the fingers are covered and water can’t reach them properly, then it’s a must to go between them with water.
- Al-Mustawrid bin Shaddad Al-Fihri (may Allah be pleased with him) said,” I saw the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) performing Wudu washing between his toes with his pinky finger.
- Huthayfah ibn Yamman (may Allah be pleased with him) said, “Go between your fingers during Wudu, before the fire does.”
- Qassim ibn Muhammad said, “During my journey with ibn Umar I saw him remove his Khuffs and wash between his toes while making wudu.”
- ‘Ikrimah said, “When you make wudu, go through your fingers first with water. The resting place for Satan is between the fingers.
Prepared by Abu Aaliyah Abdullah ibn Dwight Battle
Doha, Qatar © 1432
Reposted as self-reminder 12/18/2015
 Collected by At-Tirmithi in Jami’ (# 39). Imam At-Tirmithi graded this hadeeth as being –Hasan
 Jami At-Tirmithi
 Al-Afnaanu Nadiyah 211
 At-Tirmithi 40 Shaykh Al-Albani (may Allah have mercy on him) graded this hadeeth as being Sahih]
 Ibid- Ibn Sayyidin Nas