Blank Pages in your Book of Deeds
on the Day of Resurrection
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Sa-eed ibn Jubair said: The slave will be brought on the Day of Resurrection and given his book. He won’t find any of his prayers, his fasts, or any other of his good deeds recorded.
He’ll ask: My Lord this book’s pages are blank. I used to do good deeds.
It will be said: Your Lord forgets nothing or is wrong. All of your deeds went to the people you used to backbite
[Gardens of the Pious/ pg 287/ Ibn Mullaqqin]
Lessons from Sa-eed’s speech
- Backbiting depletes our good deeds
- A person can stop backbiting, but he needs to repent to the person he’s wronged; to restore his right and honor. It said in a proverb: ترك الذنب و لا طلب المغفرة [ He left off sinning but didn’t ask for forgiveness]
- The tongue is one of the most dangerous organs on our bodies.
- Refraining the tongue is an act of worship.
- Think about wasting your entire life here on Earth doing worship to only give it away in the next life.
Ways to regain some of what you have already lost before it’s too late!
1-The one whose flesh you’ve eaten should be praised and supplicated to Allah for his well-being- Mujahid
2-Seek Allah’s forgiveness for him-Abu Hazm
prepared by Abu Aaliyah Abdullah ibn Dwight Battle